Our shared service centres provide a business support system across the company. Using standardised business processes for high-volume, low-value transactions, the centres’ work benefits both internal and external stakeholders
ArcelorMittal’s shared service centres form a worldwide network providing back-office transaction services including financial, procurement, legal and payroll services.
The centres’ standardised business processes means productivity is higher, and both working capital and costs are reduced. Standardisation provides more control over the serviced business units and improves service levels by implementing best practices across the business.
Each centre provides a wide range of services: accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial accounting, cost accounting, travels and expenses, payroll, asset management, procurement and tax. Most of them are also able to deliver a full service for small group companies.
Shared service centre objectives
The objectives of the shared service centres are to:
- enable the harmonisation of business practices and administrative processes across the company;
- act as a platform for improving the quality of service to our internal customers with better responsiveness;
- deliver value by reducing cost and improving speed; and
- improve business processes through continuous benchmarking and monitoring service level agreements and key performance indicators.
Shared service centres are located at:
- Dabrowa Gornicza, Poland
- Burns Harbor, US
- Temirtau, Kazakhstan
- Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
- Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Pune, India